CIGRE Study Committee will take a detailed Look at NCIT
CIGRE Study Committee B3 will include a new working group - Impact of NCIT applications on HV Gas Insulated Switchgear (WG# B3.39). This subject has not yet been covered by any of CIGRE activities.
CIGRE Study Committee B3 will include a new working group – Impact of NCIT applications on HV Gas Insulated Switchgear (WG# B3.39). This subject has not yet been covered by any of CIGRE activities.
The aim of the working group is to collect current experience, provide information about impact and application to GIS, give guidance for implementation of NCIT’s to GIS, discuss technical advantages and drawbacks and show some best practice examples.
The following subjects will be covered in detail:
- Review the performance and experience of the currently used technologies for NCIT’s in GIS (Rogowski coils, optical, capacitive, Pockels or RC sensors, …).
- Definition of NCIT-solution (system and interface)
- Provide information and available experience about the advantages and drawbacks of NCIT used for GIS (manufacturer and customer aspects) including comparison to conventional IT (i.e. lifetime).
- Evaluation of the impacts on Single Line Diagram (SLD) and layouts for GIS applications.
- Guidance for test and validation of NCIT-applications as part of the GIS, incl. calibration, factory routine tests, site acceptance tests, interoperability, redundancy concepts and interchangeability and maintenance
- Guidance for regulatory aspects (i.e. tariff metering); certification for protection, metering and power quality purposes
- Influence to the GIS operation and lifetime (safety, EMC, ferro-resonance, cable-line discharge, lifetime of components and lifetime management of the elements: sensors, primary converters, merging units).
- Recommendations and case studies of NCIT applications to GIS. [CIGRE]