For recent months CIGRE have created working groups (WG) and joint working groups (JWG) in the following committees (links lead to PDFs with group descriptions):
- SC A3 Transmission & Distribution Equipment:
- SC B3 Substations & Electrical Installations:
- TOR-WG B3.51 Service continuity guide for the maintenance, repair and extension of HV GIS.
- SC B5 Protection and Automation:
- TOR-WG B5.65 Enhancing protection system performance by optimizing the response of inverter-based sources.
- SC C2 Power System Operation & Control:
- SC C2 Power System Operation & Control / SC C5 Electricity Markets and Regulation:
- TOR-JWG C2/C5.05 Development and changes in the business of system operators.
- SC C4 Power System Technical Performance:
- SC D1 Materials and Emerging Test Techniques:
- TOR-WG D1.72 Test of material resistance against surface arcing under DC.
- SC D2 Information Systems and Telecommunication / SC B5 Protection and Automation:
- TOR-JWG B5/D2.67 Time in communication networks, protection and control applications — Time sources and distribution methods.
- SC D2 Information Systems and Telecommunication / SC C6 Active Distribution Systems & Distributed Energy Resources:
- TOR-JWG D2/C6.47 Advanced consumer-side energy-resource management systems.
The number of group participants from each member country is limited by two people: one expert with an exposure to the field and one young professional. Experts are expected to be members of CIGRE, but it is not a prerequisite. Terms of reference of all active working groups and scope of work and activities of all study committees can be found in the relevant section of the CIGRE website. The rules which govern the activities of the study committees can be found in the Guidelines for SC Activities section of the website.
The candidates to act as experts are proposed by CIGRE national committees. Acceptance of the candidates is the responsibility of the CIGRE study committee chairmen. Once approved by the SC chairman, candidates’ proposal is submitted to the CIGRE technical committee for approval. [cigre.org]