Recent research carried out by Phoenix Forums, organisers of NextGen SCADA Europe 2018, indicates that many European utilities are now upgrading or replacing their SCADA systems to better meet the demands of the evolving digital grid. As new capacity addition and renewables integration continues to exacerbate grid complexity and undermine grid stability, more extensive and high functionality network monitoring and control is needed to provide full visibility of the end-to-end grid, and ease the migration path toward the self-learning self-healing network of the future.
Joanna StrumilowskaNextGen SCADA Europe 2018Many utilities we spoke to during our programme research for this conference told us that they are planning to overhaul their SCADA system architectures, add new functionalities, integrate with a greater number of IT and OT systems, and tackle the resulting cyber security challenges head on. And whilst the decision to invest has been straightforward, selecting the right technologies and partners, implementing and integrating in a time and cost-efficient manner, and ensuring flawless operation and maintenance of these complex new systems is proving no easy task.
And it was with this in mind that NextGen SCADA Europe 2018 was re-launched. Designed to meet the information needs of the electric utility sector specifically, this dedicated conference, exhibition and networking forum provides in-depth insights into 20+ utility case studies over three intensive days. Lessons learnt from the implementation and integration of state-of-the-art SCADA/EMS and SCADA/DMS solutions will be shared, as well as roadmaps for the future expansion of the infrastructure utilising IoT, Cloud, and Self-Learning solutions.
Ton RijnenTenneT TSOGood opportunity to meet SCADA professionals, hear interesting updates from utilities and suppliers, network, share technical solutions, and participate in open discussions.
Andres VärvaElektrilevi OÜI was extremely sceptical of everything cloud related until coming to this conference. However, after seeing many presentations on all the benefits and trends of cloud computing, I have started seeing use-cases in the company that could be related by private cloud.
Event dates and location:
- Conference: 30th & 31st January 2018.
- Seminar: 1st February 2018.
- Location: Hotel Casa, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Discussion topics include:
- Next generation architectures — creating cost-effective, flexible, future-proofed system architectures to meet the needs of the rapidly changing digital grid.
- SCADA system integration — achieving seamless integration of SCADA systems with GIS, AGC, and other IT and OT systems to maximise network visibility.
- Advanced functionalities — incorporating new functionalities to drive the self-healing network.
- Data processing — leveraging cloud solutions to manage high volumes of grid data and better inform decision making.
- Standardisation — utilising CIM to deliver seamless integration of multiple systems and ensure the effective flow of information to and from SCADA systems.
- Cyber security — determining the optimal prevention, detection and response approaches to securing SCADA infrastructure.
Links and information:
- The event website.
- The event agenda.
- The conference programme.
- The cyber-security seminar programme.
- The registration link.
- Past presentations.
Alongside the case study driven programme, a series of technology innovation panel discussions, intimate roundtable debates, and personalised live demo lab sessions provide the opportunity for participants to get under the skin of the most challenging issues and fully understand the technology innovation opportunities to help propel their SCADA infrastructure development strategy to the next level. Last but not least, a networking evening reception taking place the evening of conference day one is open to all participants and provides a relaxed setting for informal information sharing and peer networking. [nextgenscada‑europe.com]