The purpose of this document is to suggest how to model redundancy systems within the IEC 61850 domain and provide a guideline on implementation possibilities. There exist different kinds of redundancy system applications, which might require addition to the IEC 61850 standard. Thus a description, documented as use cases, of the various redundancy systems is needed to identify different requirements for e.g. performance, architecture and modelling.
The report might eventually include:
- defintion of new logical nodes, e.g. for representation of redundancy schemes and supervision of redundant IEDs.
- definition of new functional specifications for applications and application supervision (e.g. “alive supervision”).
- guideline of communication possiblities with and between redundancy systems.
- implications for the engineering process for substations containing redundancy systems.
- extensions to SCL.
- extensions to basic communication principles of 61850.
Closing date for votes – October 14, 2016.