SmartSec Europe 2016: Cyber-Security Strategies to Achieve Smart Grid Resilience
The exponential rate at which IT/OT integration is taking place calls for advanced approaches to utility cyber-security to ensure the resilience of smart infrastructures. And with senior management investment support at an all-time high, smart utility cyber-security leaders must step up to the challenge of driving the implementation of next generation cyber-security strategies, technologies, and processes. At the 3rd annual SmartSec Europe 2016 conference (November 29-30, 2016 - Amsterdam, The Netherlands), exhibition and networking forum, 120+ utility IT and OT cyber-security leaders come together to share the lessons learnt from recent implementations of advanced cyber-security technologies and processes.
End-to-end architectures will be discussed in conjunction with specific approaches for key points of vulnerability within the substation, SCADA systems, advanced metering infrastructure and more. The latest regulatory guidelines, standardisation activity and utility collaboration initiatives will be explored, and the longer term benefits of new technologies such as anomaly based intrusion detection systems and quantum computers will be investigated.
- Strategic Drivers – hear from utility senior management on how they are prioritising investment and supporting the drive toward next generation cyber-secure smart utility IT/OT infrastructures
- Technical Case-Studies – understand the lessons learnt by utility technical teams from actual implementations of cyber-security within the end-to-end smart utility environment
- Roundtable Discussions – taking place at the end of conference day one, the opportunity to discuss emerging themes in small working groups, brain storm and problem solve, and report back findings to the wider group
- Technology Innovation Panel – hear how the leading solution providers are developing and deploying next generation cyber-security solutions tailored to the specific needs of smart utilities
- Solution Zone – running alongside the conference, this focused display of state of the art cyber-security technologies and services has experts on hand to discuss your specific challenges and provide tailored advice to help propel your implementation plans to the next level
- Live Demo Labs – a 1:1 private demonstration, providing delegates with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience of the most advanced and forward looking cyber-security technologies and services on the market
- Networking Evening Reception – taking place the evening of conference day one, this complementary networking event is open to all conference participants, and provides the opportunity to relax and unwind, meet with colleagues from across the European smart grid cyber-security community, allow new ideas to cement and new partnership opportunities to emerge. [SmartSec Europe]