Grid Analytics Europe 2018
The 4th annual Grid Analytics Europe will draw together 120+ utility big data professionals for 3 intensive days of big data management, analysis and visualisation discussions to power the smart utility. 16+ utility case-studies reveal how European TSOs and DSOs are implementing cutting-edge tools and technologies for advanced data collection, management, analysis and visualisation to deepen their insights into grid performance, fraud prevention, and new product development in preparation for the energy transition.
The event information:
- Date: September 25–27, 2018.
- Location: London, UK.
- The event web-site.
- The registration link.
- For more information contact the organisers on:
- call: +44 (0)20 8349 6360;
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Digital Substation editorial board pays our readers’ attention that the Very Early Bird rate for the event expires on 29 June and the Early Bird rate expires on 31 August. Digital Substation subscribers and readers can also receive a 10% discount to attend the conference with the promo code GRID-18-DIGITALSUBSTATION.
The programme and speaker line-up are currently under development, so would-be participants can join the mailing list of the conference to receive weekly updates and value-added content, and check back in May 2018 for the full agenda.
Event highlights include:
- Case-study Programme — gain in-depth insights into the big data experiences of 16+ pioneering European utilities and understand how new use-cases are being introduced in the context of organisational objectives and pressures;
- Technology Innovation Panel — quiz the technology innovators on the strength of their current product offerings, their R&D pipelines and their vision for the future of smart utility big data;
- Roundtable Discussions — bring your specific big data challenges to the table and brainstorm and problem solve intensively with the entire smart utility big data community;
- Live Demo Labs — through a dedicated 1:1 session gain hands-on experience of the most advanced and forward-looking big data platforms and tools on to the market;
- Solution Zone — get up to speed with the latest big data solutions and services, discuss your specific challenges and get tailored advice to help propel your big data strategy to the next level;
- Networking Reception — relax and unwind after an intensive day of presentations and panel discussions, meet with colleagues from across the European smart utility big data community, allow new ideas to cement and new partnership opportunities to emerge.
Speakers will share their technical strategies for migrating toward a more data-driven organisation, leveraging new and existing data sources from smart meters, sensors, historical, external, social media and other data sources to drive use-case expansion. Technical presentations address:
- the integration of legacy systems to ensure the seamless flow of data across multiple systems;
- new data governance frameworks to meet strict GDPR requirements;
- advanced data cleansing, standardisation and structuring approaches to ensure data quality and consistency;
- innovative data analysis and visualisation models to provide deeper insights for a range of use-cases spanning the smart utility organisation.
Additionally, the impact of emerging technologies such as Machine Learning, AI, blockchain and cloud will be considered in the context of next generation big data capabilities.
Alongside the case-study programme, there will be a 2-hour Cloud tutorial, a technology innovation panel discussion, a series of intimate end-user roundtables, a live demo lab of the latest systems and solutions, an exhibition area displaying 10+ state of the art technology suppliers, and an evening networking reception open to all participants. [gridanalytics-europe.com]