The draft, prepared by IEC TC57 Working Group 15, was released on the Committee Work programme page.
Amendment 1 — Power systems management and associated information exchange — Data and communications security — Part 3: Communication network and system security — Profiles including TCP/IP.
The crucial amendment to IEC 62351-3 will address the following:
- Definition of additional security warnings for TLS versions 1.1 and 1.0.
- Alignment of handling of revoked or expired certificates for TLS session resumption and TLS session renegotiation.
- Clarification regarding session resumption and session renegotiation invocation based on session time.
- Enhancement of session resumption approach with the option of session tickets to better align with the upcoming new version of TLS.
- Enhancement of the utilized public key methods for signing and key management with ECDSA based algorithms.
- Update of the requirements for referencing standards.
- Update of bibliography.
The CDV ballot ends 3 November 2017. [blog.iec61850.com]